The Oxford English Dictionary for Schools is carefully targeted to support secondary school students with their independent reference skills, to improve their spelling, punctuation, and grammar, and to build vocabulary. Ideal support for Controlled Assessments.
- Best for content - KS3 spelling lists all covered comprehensively
- Best for context - carefully levelled example sentences from children's literature - authors include David Almond, William Golding, Philip Pullman, J. K. Rowling, and Anthony Horowitz
- Subject-specific vocabulary labels (Maths, Science, Art, Music, etc.) for cross-curricular use across school subjects
- Synonyms for overused words, word families and related words, for vocabulary building
- Extended word histories for wider language reference
- Topic panels for additional language support, especially in grammar, spelling, and punctuation