A dictionary of real and invented words used by the world's best storyteller. The Oxford Roald Dahl Dictionary reveals what they mean, where they came from and how he used them in his stories. It will inspire you to choose and use each word brilliantly in your own writing - whether it's a real word, a Roald Dahl word or your own made-up one!
- From 'aardvark' to 'zozimus', a real dictionary of everyday and invented words
- Authoritative, engaging and accessible and backed by Oxford's language research programme
- Real citations from Roald Dahl's children's books and illustrations from Quentin Blake throughout
- Includes 'Ringbelling Rhymes', 'Sparky Synonyms' and 'Don't be Biffsquiggled' tips throughout to support creative writing
- Will inspire readers young and old to gobblefunk with words in their own writing