Oxford Big Read 2019
We believe that reading is both enjoyable and vital to nurture open-mindedness, creativity and thinking skills. Therefore, we invite students and teachers from schools in Malaysia to participate in the Oxford Big Read English reading programme and competition.
The competition is open to all schools in Malaysia, and features attractive prizes for students and their schools.
Category A: Students in Years 1, 2 & 3
Category B: Students in Years 4, 5 & 6
* All entries must be submitted through the school. No individual entries will be accepted.
Cash prizes for the winners from each category:
- 1st prize : RM1,000
- 2nd prize : RM500
- 3rd prize : RM250
- Book prizes equivalent to the height of the winner for the schools of the 1st prize winners from each category
HOW TO ENTER
- REGISTER: Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us 03-5629 4000 to register your school and students to participate in the Oxford Big Read Competition.
- PARTICIPATE IN THECOMPETITION: Students must read an Oxford Fajar or Oxford University Press book.
- GET YOUR STUDENTS WRITING: Get your students writing about their reading based on the category. Designing a book jacket and writing book reviews are great ways of developing students' reading skills. Campaign templates are available here:
- SELECT THE TOP 5 ENTRIES: Choose the five best entries from your school, for each category. These entries should be original and age-appropriate, and conceptualised by the students.
- SUBMIT THE ENTRIES: Submit the selected five best entries* from each category. Entries can be submitted by postal/ delivery service, and must be received at the address below by 24 May 2019:
The Big Read Oxford Fajar Sdn Bhd
No. 4 Jalan Pemaju U1/15, Section U1
Hicom-Glenmarie Industrial Park
40150 Shah Alam
Selangor Darul Ehsan, Malaysia.
Scanned email attachments can be sent to email@example.com.
Deadline: 24th May 2019
More information available HERE.
Get a free starter pack with 12 readers if you are among the first 100 schools with 50 participants to register for the Oxford Big Read.