The only KS2 French course with continuity between KS2 and KS3.
Comète 1 is the first part in a fully-sequenced and linguistically coherent 9-14/16 programme. Comète 1 is aimed at Year 5 pupils and Comète 2 for Year 6. It meets all the requirements of the KS2 Scheme of Work and also incorporates the approach and methodology of the new Modern Foreign Languages Framework. Comète has been written specifically with the needs of non-specialist teachers in mind and provides step-by-step guidance for them, a Teacher CD and complete lesson plans for all units. With a strong cultural emphasis throughout, pupils discover language-learning in a fun and exciting way. This fully-integrated course includes the following components: Student's Book; Workbook; Teacher's Book; Flashcards; Resource & Activity Pack; Class CD and Teacher CD.
The Student's Book contains a wide variety of activities on all four skills and a regular Néo cartoon feature in each unit.
- Fulfils Government's aim to teach primary MFL in all schools by 2010
- Content coverage of the (non-statutory) KS2 Scheme of Work
- Supports needs of both non-specialist and specialist primary teachers
- Contains literacy and cross-curricular links
- Includes time-saving lesson plans and comprehensive guidance on all activities