Oxford English provides students and teachers with current, meaningful, and practical activities with a thematic approach to help students to develop skills, gain confidence and enjoy the study of English. It has been developed specifically for international schools and Part 4 has been designed to address the Cambridge IGCSE English as a Second Language syllabus.
Each book provides reading, writing, listening and speaking activities that support the development of skills, knowledge, values and attitudes. The contents link up with internationally relevant and topical issues, helping students relate the study of English to other subject areas and understand the wider importance of their study, building their enthusiasm.
- Comprehensive course of study supporting the four language skills in a practical yet enquiry-based framework
- Content introduces global contexts and issues to encourage critical thinking, self-discovery and problem-solving
- Plenty of cross curricular links, demonstrating the wider relevance of English study
- Teacher's Guides link activities to concepts and provide worksheets to extend learning and understanding
- EAL support is integrated, with lots of discussion points to get students talking about global issues
- Bright and colourful design is thoroughly student-friendly, increasing motivation
- Content is truly international, including fiction and non-fiction sourced from all over the world on topics that students can relate to