The Understanding Literature Series (ULS) is an invaluable guide to the new literature component of the Malaysian Secondary School English Language syllabus.
The ULS authors comprising experienced teachers and examiners believe that helping students to access the literary elements of the prescribed texts will enable them to appreciate the richness of literature and fulfil the Ministry of Education’s aim to promote and encourage reading for pleasure through literature.
The series covers all the set texts which have been selected for their aesthetic and moral values.
Special ULS Features:
- Clear explanation of every literature genre in the syllabus
- Overview or synopsis of the text
- Comprehensive coverage of the key literary elements; setting, character, plot, theme, message, moral value, language and style.
- A wide variety of exercise to aid understanding and to stimulate higher order thinking skills (HOTS)
- Exam-style questions to reinforce test-taking strategies.