We are the subsidiary of OXFORD UNIVERSITY PRESS, which is one of the oldest and finest of publishers.
We are one of Malaysia's leading publishers, committed to the liberal objectives of OUP—to further education, learning, and cultural excellence through publishing.
To achieve these objectives, we place great emphasis on recruiting quality staff, as well as on training and staff development.
Current available vacancies:
We are looking for a General Manager for Business Development to lead all business development activities, as well as marketing and promotion support, for Oxford Publishing Malaysia (OPM), providing strategic support to grow the business in South East Asia (Philippines and Indonesia), as well as the CAMENA (Central Asia, Middle East and North Africa) region, whilst supporting the delivery of OPM financial targets. This also includes marketing and promotion support for OPM in relation to exports from all branches of Asia Education within the region.
The principal accountabilities of this role includes:
- Support the meeting by OPM of annual financial targets in the areas of turnover, collections, gross margins, operating contribution and profitability. In doing so, to ensure that we always adhere to the OUP Code of Conduct and Ethical Policies.
- Provide business leadership; develop strategic vision, including strategic planning and execution of business growth plans including new business opportunities (new markets / products). In doing so, to liaise closely with the OPM Editorial Head and the Editorial teams based in Malaysia
- Ensure and oversee planning of marketing support activities and pipelines to enable OPM to meet/exceed sales targets. To deploy short- and long-term marketing strategies and evaluate effectiveness of current programs and policies to allow OPM to maximize sales and profit. Note, however, that the role is not directly involved in closing specific sales, and acceptance of terms and contracts will be carried out by General Manager - Education, who is based in Malaysia.
- Identify opportunities and develop appropriate marketing plans that are measurable in terms of return on investment, to drive sales by OPM in key focus/growth areas.
- Monitor customer and market trends and provide feedback to the relevant functional department to aid decision making. Keeping abreast of policies, competitive strategies and products in markets.
- Liaise with key decision makers, policy makers in the Ministry of Educations in all key countries (i.e. Philippines, Indonesia and CAMENA).
The ideal candidate should fulfil the following requirement:
- Degree or equivalent professional qualification.
- A good knowledge and understanding of the publishing business across South East Asia (with a focus on Indonesia and Philippines) and CAMENA.
- Ability to translate a vision into achievable goals and provide clear direction to achieve organisational objectives.
- Track record of recruiting, developing and retaining a high performing team.
- Strong planning skills, with knowledge of CRM solutions.
- Translating strategy into specific measurable objectives for self and the team.
- An understanding of the decision-making process/criteria and effective sales/promotional techniques within the education sector.
- Effective management skills required to direct and develop teams.
- The ability to manage a large field team using effective planning and time management skills.
- Ability to target and engage with key stakeholders and build relationships with decision makers.
- Work flexibly and adapt management style to get the best performance from all staff.
- Relevant experience within the education sector and competitive environment.
Qualified and eligible individuals interested in applying for this position may submit an application to email@example.com no later than 30th August 2017.
Other vacant positions:
- Business Development Manager – South East Asia, Epigeum - Global Academic UK
- Assistant Commissioning Editor / Commissioning Editor (Chemistry and Science)
- Editor (Engineering)
- Executive, Rights and Contracts
- Project and Analysis Executive (Finance)
- Human Resources Executive
- Demand Planner
- Concept Designer (Design and Digital)
- Designer (Design and Digital)
- Accounts Assistant (Accounts Receivable & Credit Control)
- Sales Representative
- Warehouse Attendance
Please submit your application with detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org